The Telegraph Road corridor upgrade – Stage 1B (Norris Road to Mustang Street) in Bracken Ridge will improve safety, travel times, road flood immunity and active transport infrastructure along the corridor. Jointly funded by the Australian Government and Council, the project will reduce congestion and help cater for existing and future traffic demands.
- Earthworks including removing unsuitable fill and excavating trenches for drainage lines.
- Importing of fill for new road embankment on southern side of Telegraph Road
- Installation of a leachate management system (to capture and manage flow from the adjacent landfill site at Bill Brown Sports Reserve) is underway
- Installation of road subgrade materials for the new westbound carriageway is continuing
- Drainage works including installation of pre-cast culvert components and concrete pours for in-situ components
- Electrical works including installation of conduits for new traffic signals and conduits for new LED street lighting
Key Construction Activities (Dec 2016 – late 2017)
- Earthworks for the new road on south side
- Water main and sewer main installation
- Piling works to facilitate sewer protection slab
- Stormwater drainage works
- Installing electrical conduits and trenches
- Installing traffic signals and pedestrian crossings at the Mustang Street intersection
- Pavement and asphalt works on southern lanes